Call For Submissions Open Through August 13
This looks a very cool promotion SEGA is doing for their SEGA Genesis Mini. SEGA wants to hear your GENESIS story as a kid and they will publish it on their site!
You can find all the SEGA Genesis Mini info at their official site: genesismini.sega.com
|RELEASE DATE: September 19, 2019||PLAYERS:1-2 PRICE:$79.99|
What was your first encounter with the SEGA Genesis? Did your parents buy you one after you discovered it in a local toy store ad? Perhaps you saved up all that hard-earned money, working the paper route and mowing lawns, in order to afford one? Or maybe your next-door neighbor was lucky enough to own one and you always found time to visit.
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the SEGA Genesis and this fall’s release of the Genesis Mini, we invite you to send us a video clip sharing your personal story with the legendary console. The process is easy, as you can record and submit straight from your phone! Revisit that long summer vacation playing Phantasy Star IV, perform a cover of your favorite in-game song, share your amazing cosplay, do your best “SEGA!!” scream with your friends – we want you to show off your creativity and love for the Genesis!
Send your clip by August 13 for a chance to be included in our compilation video! But before you do, we have some tips for recording your video:
- Camera Setup: Talk directly to the camera, just like you’re doing a video chat.
- Video length: Please keep your video submissions no longer than 1 minute in length.
- Using your phone: Please hold your phone on its side and record your video horizontally (landscape mode).
- Lighting: Ideally record during the day, with indirect lighting – avoid drastic face shadows.
- Sound: Please record in a quiet location and avoid background noise.
- Clothing: Please avoid logos or complex patterns on your clothing.
Once you are done recording, please visit our submission page at https://www.sega.com/mystory to submit your video. No need to be perfect – we want our fans to speak directly from the heart. Non-English speakers are welcome. Don’t miss this chance to share your story with the world!