Its exciting to see this come through the wire today. 38 Studios and EA announced Reckoning‘s second full DLC, Teeth of Naros! The web page for it will be going live tomorrow, but here’s an early glimpse of what’s in store for you when Teeth of Naros releases on April 17th:
- Xbox Live for 800 points and PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam for $9.99.
- A New City – Explore the Kollossae city of Idylla, which magically floats in the sky above the Teeth of Naros. Idylla features more than 20 side quests, multiple dungeons, and a mysterious new race: the Kollossae.
- New Enemies and Dungeons – Take part in a crucible of faith and tribulation with new dangers and enemies as you journey through five enormous new dungeons.
- New Twists of Fate and Items – You’ll have be able to find and choose from three new Twists of Fate, nine new armor sets, six new shields, and 18 new unique weapons as you journey through this new world.
They’ve opened an official questions thread, so if you have questions about Teeth of Naros this is the place to ask it.
38 Studios and EA Announce Teeth of Naros Downloadable Expansion forKingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Teeth of Naros Introduces Players to a Mysterious Race, an All-New City and Epic New Adventures
PROVIDENCE, R.I.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Glimpse into the future of Amalur, as Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveil Teeth of Naros™, the second downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™. Players will journey through a forgotten land called theTeeth of Naros, a harsh environment named after an ancient troll god. In this new journey players will encounter the Kollossae, a devout race of giants, and uncover the mysteries of their faith. Teeth of Naros will be available starting on April 17, 2012 on Xbox Live for 800 points and PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam for $9.99.
The Teeth of Naros DLC and the journey through the mysterious land will feature:
- A New City – Explore the city of Idylla, which magically floats in the sky above the Teeth of Narosfeaturing more than 20 side quests, multiple dungeons and a mysterious new race
- New Enemies and Dungeons – Players will take part in a crucible of faith and tribulation with new dangers and enemies as they journey through five enormous new dungeons
- New Twists of Fate and Items – Three new Twists of Fate, nine new armor sets, six new shields and 18 new unique weapons for players to choose from as they journey through this new world
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was brought together by a stellar team of creative minds that joined World Series Champion pitcher and founder of 38 Studios, Curt Schilling, including 24-time New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore who created Amalur’s 10,000-year history, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane who lent his signature visual style to the artistry of the game, and Ken Rolston, internationally celebrated game designer.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning brings open-world exploration and unparalleled action and combat together in the ultimate RPG experience. With near infinite combinations of destinies, abilities, weapons, items and special moves, players are able to customize their play experience to suit any style. By reweaving their fate, they can retool and totally rebuild their hero in the midst of their adventure. Within Reckoning, players will immerse themselves in a world filled with extraordinary landscapes, mysterious cities, colorful characters and fantastic creatures exploring an entirely new universe where every building, tree, and creature has a clear and defined history.
Developed by 38 Studios subsidiary Big Huge Games in Baltimore, Maryland and 38 Studios in Providence, Rhode Island, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is available now in North America and Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Learn more about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning by visiting www.Reckoning.com or follow us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/ReckoningTheGame) and on Twitter (http://twitter.com/ReckoningGame). Press assets for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are available at www.info.ea.com
About 38 Studios
38 Studios, LLC, an entertainment and IP creation company founded in 2006 by Curt Schilling, is developing an original fantasy IP driven by the creative and artistic visions of pop-culture icons R. A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane. Entertainment products will include a massively multiplayer online game, novels, comics, toys, console games, movies, TV, and more. For more information, visit www.38studios.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available athttp://info.ea.com.
EA, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield is a trademark of Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Xbox 360 is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.