One of today’s highlight at the New York International Auto Show has been the official unveiling of the 2013 SRT Viper! Its a revival of the beloved super model line. Revealed during today’s press conference at NYAS, the Viper will feature some aggressive styling Viper fans expect, but its been refined even further to the modern age of vehicle design.
The Viper will be coming to Forza Motorsport 4 this summer. This downloadable content will include both a drivable version of the SRT Viper as well as a Viper Autovista experience which, in true Autovista fashion, is designed to give you a stunning view of this incredible machine, as well as insight into its history and production. As with the rest of the cars in Forza Motorsport 4’s Autovista mode, you’ll be able to explore and interact with the car using either Kinect or your Xbox 360 controller. The Viper Pack will surely be a fantastic chance for Viper fans to interact with this incredible automobile ahead of its release. See it in action below!
Some highlights of the 2013 SRT Viper:
- Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) brand’s flagship performance machine returns with more power and performance, superior craftsmanship, new technologies and creature comforts
- Two new models include SRT® Viper and SRT Viper GTS
- All-aluminum, mid-engine 8.4-liter V-10 delivers an estimated 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world
- Chassis enhancements bring 50 percent improvement in torsional stiffness
- Triple-digit weight reduction results in Viper’s best power-to-weight ratio
- Standard safety features include electronic multistage stability control, traction control and new 4-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- All-new, innovative interior designs set new standards with premium materials, new technologies and unmatched craftsmanship
- All-new carbon-fiber and aluminum skin is sculpted for high-speed stability and a slippery .364 drag coefficient (Cd)
- Timeless exterior design incorporates iconic Viper styling cues with a contemporary execution