This week is all about Tiger, Tiger Woods y’all! Also there is some MMA on the Vita and Ridge Racer and a Capcom Digital Collection.
Tiger Woods 13 (Playstation 3/Xbox360)
For everyone who’s picking up their own copy of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 this week, we’ve got all the information you need to jump straight in and start playing. Of course there are new golfers and courses included in this year’s game, but those aren’t the only changes you need to know about.
You can’t play like Tiger unless you understand the new Total Swing Control. We had Tiger in the studio working with our dev team to make sure the swing mechanic was as true to life as possible. This change represents the biggest leap forward in this system in the last 10 years.
Things you need to know about the new Total Swing Control:
Swing Tempo – For the first time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR history the tempo and speed of your swing is going to directly influence the power of your shot. Fast tempo will add more distance while a slower tempo will add less.
Shot Setup – Create all possible shot types from one shot setup. Drag your aiming marker forward and back to blend between full, ¾, pitch and chip shots. Create draw and fade shots by opening and closing your golfer’s stance. Affect the launch trajectory by moving the ball forward and back in your stance to create flop and punch shots. With 62 million creatable shots, if you can do it on the green, you can do it in the game.
Strike Meter – Using the all-new Strike Meter, place the sweet spot of the club precisely where you wish to hit the ball. While a center strike is most common, you can use low and high strikes to alter power, spin and trajectory.
Swing Arc – The visualization of the golfer’s swing is shown in the form of an arc. Use this arc as a guide to execute your swing with the proper power, trajectory and shot shape.
All-New Animations – Utilizing the latest versions of EA’s sophisticated ANT animation system, you’ll be able to see in real-time whether your golf swing is on or off plane through your golfer’s on-screen animations.
Source: EA Blog
Capcom Digital Collection (Xbox360)
- Collection of Hit Games – Features 8 titles never before released at retail all on 1 disc
- Faithful Content – Each game maintains all features, online functionality and achievements
- Great Value – The games purchased individually would more than double the cost of this compilation
- Games featured are:
- 1942: Joint Strike
- Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2
- Final Fight™ Double Impact
- Rocketmen™: Axis of Evil inlcuding Rocketmen™: It Came From Uranus expansion
- Super Puzzle Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix
- Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix
- Wolf of the Battlefield™: Commando 3
Ridge Racer Unbound (Xbox360)
- Crash through everything – Cutting edge physics and effects combine to bring direct destruction like you’ve never seen before. Unleash your rage to obliterate everything in your way and carve your own path.
- Race in urban environments – Shatter Bay lives by its own rules and is ripe for being torn apart by the overpowered vehicles rampaging through the many areas of the city.
- New breed of racing machines – Traditional racing machines are out and 34 brand new street machines are in. For even more variety, 9 additional bad ass machines will be available through DLC.
- Design your own destruction – Use the simple but powerful tile-based City Creator to design incredible original tracks in minutes, each loaded with all the game’s destructive features and varied environments.
Horses 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The first authentic horse game for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, Horses 3D invites players to care for more than 15 realistic horses, ride them and train them for world-class performance. Horses 3D fully leverages the Nintendo 3DS features with the most realistic visuals for a horse game yet, including 3D horses, textures and beautiful environments, as well as StreetPass™ sharing and more.
- Experience the thrill of being a horse stable manager and rider, all in stunning 3D.
- Build unique relationships with 16 realistic horses:
- -Nurture your horses by grooming them, feeding them and cleaning off their hooves.
- -Give your horses plenty of love while they train to perform their best.
- -Teach your horses to be well-behaved and gentle with riders.
- Personalize a unique riding experience with accessories for your horse and avatar.
- Train your horses through four equestrian disciplines; then compete in races and go on fun rides:
- -Train your horses with a variety of riding sessions.
- -Compete in disciplines as varied as stunt riding, to jumping and even dressage.
- -Ride your horses and embark on fantastic rides, treasure hunts, animal tracking or race with friends.
- Share with friends via the wireless StreetPass feature: Swap collectible cards to gain access to new competitions, or unlock a new horse and take it for a ride.
Test Drive: Ferrari Legends (PlayStation 3/Xbox360)
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is the ultimate driving experience for fans of the Ferrari brand. Details physics underpin a huge variety of challenges set throughout the history of this landmark automotive brand. Painstakingly detailed cars and tracks reflect visceral damage as races wear on, an acute sense of speed communicates the power of these highly tuned vehicles, as advanced AI challenges even the most experienced driver.
- A wide variety of race types including – A variety of race types challenges including rally, GT, and Formula 1.
- Extensive Online Competition – Single and Multiplayer integration with a selection of racing styles. Up to 8 players can join single race.
- 36 circuits, including variations – GP circuits, test circuits, and bonus circuits; a wide variety of driving environments to reflect the best driving the world has to offer. Tracks from the past and present.
- 52 stunningly details cars – The greatest modern and classic Ferrari models are lovingly rendered inside and out – including working switchgear and visible engines. Car dynamics include realistic deflating tires and blow-outs.
- Campaign Mode – Players experience the rich history of the Ferrari brand as they unlock tracks and cars throughout Ferrari’s history. Circuits unlocked during the campaign can be raced subsequently using any available cars.
Country Dance All-Stars Kinect (Xbox360)
America’s hottest country music stars are headed to your living room for a brand new interactive dance experience with bonus sing-a-long features that’s packed with dozens of hits from your favorite country chart-toppers! Country Dance All Stars features more than 35 tracks from the best names in country music including 18 CMA 2011 award winners like Male and Female Vocalists of the Year Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, Album of the Year winner Jason Aldean and Vocal Duo of the Year Lady Antebellum. Songs from mega stars Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band, Brooks&Dunn and Eric Church will also headline the dance party. See below for a partial list of the in-game soundtrack revealed today.
Supremacy MMA (PSP Vita)
- PlayStation Vita Brings the Power – Use touch-control system or dual-stick controls to battle PS Vita players online or via local multiplayer.
- More Fighters – Choose from a roster of real fighters including PS Vita exclusives Jason Yee and Novell Bell aka “The Black Taoist”.
- Fight With Style – Featuring two new fight styles, Jeet Kun Do and San Shou, you can Master over 12 fighting styles including Kick Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and more!