Oh the grass is always greener in Minecraft, especially with updates. 4J studios has announced that its targeting Mincraft PC version 1.7.3 for the very first Minecraft Xbox 360 update. Its nice to see that they are keeping up to date with the console version, we’ll see how long this lasts but so far its pretty darn exciting to see it get kicked off so that it stands up to the PC version which is always being updated and improved upon.
New to 1.7.3 are pistons, which shove other blocks around, and shears, which allow you to ‘mine’ foliage. There’s also a lot more clay to find, making those grand brickwork building projects a bit more achievable. Here’s a partial list of tweaks and additions, thanks LMG.
– Added pistons.
– Fixed clay generation.
– Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
– Fences can be stacked.
– Added Shears.
– Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
– Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
– Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
– Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
– New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
– Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
So, go on. Get that update and get your Minecraft on!