In case you haven’t. Nuclear Throne is a post-apocalyptic roguelike-like top-down shooter. Not ‘the final hope of humanity’ post-apocalyptic, but ‘humanity is extinct and mutants and monsters now roam the world’ post-apocalyptic. Fight your way through the wastelands with powerful weaponry, collecting radiation to mutate some new limbs and abilities. All these things and more you could do if only you were good at this game. Can you reach the Nuclear Throne?
Nuclear Throne is developed by Vlambeer and is available on PC, OSX, Linux, PS4, PS3 and Vita.
I think the coolest thing about Nuclear Throne is that it was developed live on Twitch, using community feedback and frequent updates to make the best game possible.
- 12 playable characters with unique advantages, active and passive abilities.
- 7 playable main worlds and numerous secrets to be found spanning deserts, frozen cities and underground labs.
- Almost 30 ways to mutate your character, creating millions of interesting playable strategies and combinations.
- Over 120 weapons ranging from the familiar machine-gun and shotgun to the screwdriver and ion cannon.
- More than 15 tracks by LUFTRAUSERS musician Jukio Kallio, also featuring tracks and lyrics by Doseone & Eirik ‘Phlogiston’ Suhrke.