Get ready for a great post-launch Steam update for Armello from the League of Geeks. The PS4 and DRM-free versions of Armello will get the Armellians Roar update on Tuesday, Nov. 10.
In response to requests from players and the press, the Armellians Roar update includes:
- House Rules – allowing players to customize rules for each game
- Pacing improvements – Greater control over game speed with the addition of a fast-forward button to hurry through off-turns in single player and a new “Quick A.I. Turns” mode to hasten A.I. controlled characters
- New armor and weapons, including an Easter egg for fans of Darkest Dungeon. As well as two new hero-augmenting amulets
- Improved stability and security in multiplayer
- Significant localization upgrades in all languages
When the Armellians Roar update comes to PlayStation 4, League of Geeks will also increase the font size for increased visibility and optimize other UI elements for console gamers.
Since launch, Armello has garnered acclaim with 88% positive reviews on Steam and a five-star rating on the PlayStation store. Gamers and critics have praised Armello for its deep strategy, gorgeous visuals and engaging, original lore inspired by beloved fantasy series including Redwall and Game of Thrones.
Complementing Armello‘s warm reception from reviewers and fans, the game was named a finalist for IndieCade 2015.
“Our intention has always been to keep improving Armello with feedback from the fantastic community,” said Trent Kusters, founder and director, League of Geeks. “The new update addresses the many requests we received for more customization options and house rules. We look forward to continuing our dynamic relationship with Armello fans, improving Armelloin concert with our community as we have since the start of our Kickstarter campaign.”
The DRM-free version was released on Oct. 1 and is currently available for Windows, Mac and Linux from GOG.