That’s right Splatoon made it in to the NPD this month. The NPD tracks the sales of video game software and hardware. With The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt taking first place, its still nice to see a new game on the list that is not a sequel or sports game. Take a look at the top ten list below:
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii , 3DS, Vita)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)
One of the interesting things about this list is that Super Smash Bros. also made it on the list. Will Splatoon have legs like Smash and stay on the list, it will be interesting to see how games like this and others look after E3.
Also worth mentioning was that Nintendo’s amiibo line was the #1 selling accessory for the month of May. This was with only 3 days of sales for most of the new product which is quite impressive.